Just a quick update from mobile at the moment. I’m finally getting time to get back into Dart. A lot has changed since my last post.
After my last post about the Hackathon, I started a new job, moved to a Windows system full time for the first time in a decade, and a variety of other major personal life changes. It’s taken some major adjustments in my life, but I’m finally getting a wrangle on things and should have more time for development.
I have a large number of projects to first bring up to current releases of the Dart language and libraries. I’ll be holding back on any Polymer projects as that library has not completed its own upgrades to match Polymer 1.0.
Just last night, I managed to get my development environment set up. Since the Dart Editor is no longer supported, I’ll be using the Dart Sublime plugin for the time being. I also setup Chocolate on my Windows 8.1 machine to keep the SDK And Dartium up-to-date. Hopefully that will help keep my routine a little more similar to what I was used to on Ubuntu.
After the Windows 10 release I may consider a dual boot configuration, but at the moment my 2 1/2 year old is familiar with the Windows work flow. Additionally, I’ve heard issues with the touch screen input in Ubuntu that works well with Windows.